Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Positions

To keep this thing flowing (and I’m not trying to step on anyone), we should go ahead and formalize our positions within the group. My thought on team responsibilities is that while we are all responsible for each step of the project, we need to pin a “functional area” tail on each member in order to keep this project running efficiently and successfully. I would also figure – unless I misunderstand the intent of the project – that each functional area member would be responsible for cross-team communication with their counterparts in the other two groups.

Thus, I submit this excel spreadsheet for review by all. The positions I have indicated are the ones suggested by our facilitator. Also, since none of us have worked together before (i.e., we only have each other’s word with regard to a functional area proficiency), I figured that the best way to assign responsibilities would be to use some impartial formula. For example, once we have agreed (or disagreed) to the project team roles, we can start going down the list alphabetically (or reverse alphabetically) picking positions. Each person could post their choice on the blog in order to ensure an orderly process. Anyway, that’s just my take. Not trying to squish anyone here.

D

P.S. Please refer to your email inboxes for an example of the positions with some position descriptions attached.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 22 November, 2006 22:42 , Blogger Cindy said...

Dave, I didn't get the Excel spreadsheet. Did you send it via email?

 
At 23 November, 2006 00:41 , Blogger Graciela said...

Hey you forgot me :( am i no longer in the group?

 
At 23 November, 2006 10:09 , Blogger David said...

Hmm.... I sent it as a Google spreadsheet. I'll resend it. Sorry.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home